Saturday, April 24, 2010

Here and There, Day to Day

Many of you will recognize this building. It is the Temple in Lima. It is the same basic design as our Temple in Las Vegas, but much smaller. And when I say smaller, I mean smaller. It is most clasutrophobic. But...of course it is beautiful and the most peaceful calm place. At almost any time, you can find families milling around the grounds. Sometimes they are waiting for patrons who are inside.

We have a distribution center in the basement also. The Temple President and his wife live in a small home at the back of the grounds. There is also a cafeteria building for the patrons and workers.


This is Elder and Hermana Abeyta (Abaa-ta), they are auditors for the Registros Depatment. I have to find out what that is in English!
It has something to do with membership records and keeping accurate financial records in the wards. They have been here about 3 months. They travel around the Area and train the leaders. This is their second mission. Their first mission was in Texas in an Employment Resource Center. They are from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Great people.


These are NOT our beautiful green quilt-like mountains in Quito. I know it is not very clear, but they are just a dirty brown silty dirt that blows all the time, all over and around the city. This small mountain is near our apartment. It is one of the reasons I have to (or should) dust every day. That does not mean of course that I do that dusting!



This is one of the most "special" experiences I have had to date in Lima.
Last week the Area Presidency had a one day seminar for all the Mission Presidents in our South America Northwest Area. That means 23 Mission Presidents from 5 countries came to our office building for this meeting.

This is a photo of Carlos. He is a new volunteer in the call center. He was on his way to the
lunchroom, which is located immediately next door to the room where the seminar was being held. The President's were exiting their meeting to go to lunch also. It is almost impossible to be able to relate what happened when Carlos saw President Davies. His face litterely glowed.

I have been a student of "body language" for many years. I said to Carlos, (in Spanish of course), "that is your Mission President, isn't it Carlos?" "Si, hermana, Presidente Davies." Carlos has only been home from his mission about 8 months. Tears filled his eyes and he and President Davies hugged and slapped each other on the back for quite a little time. I ALWAYS have my camera with me, but it was in my office at the other end of the hallway. I told them when they finished their lunch I would take a photo.

This photo does not in any way show the love these two men have for one another. I asked Carlos to tell President what his calling is at this time. "I am the Elders Quorum President in my ward." President Davies told me he had been a wonderful missionary.

It was a spiritual experience for all that witnessed it. I was so grateful to have my camera and have been able to somewhat record this for Carlos. He was very grateful for the photo, but more than that, it was the chance to again see his mission president and report that he was doing well.

That's about all for this writing. I'm already clicking more photos for my next installment.

Until I write again,

Hermana W.

No comments:

Post a Comment