Monday, January 18, 2010

Our 45th Anniversary

We celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary today. When we got to the office Elder W. came over to my desk and kissed my cheek and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't get you much for our anniversary..." to which I said, "what do you mean, you have taken me to far away exotic places," he thought and said "you mean Machu Picchu" I said, "no Lima, Peru and Ecuador before that." We celebrated this evening at our favorite restaurant "Pardo's." They serve great chicken, salads and a tasty tenderloin steak all for a really good price too!

It has been a bumpy road much of the time but, I would not change my life for anything. If I
were to begin to recount all of the trials we as a family, but especially we as a couple have been
through, I would be blogging until next Sunday. So, I will only say that we will be eternally grateful for those trials, for they have made us who we are. We are very grateful to have been
blessed with seven children, now with their six spouses and our 21 grandchildren, it is
remarkable to see them grow to be independent people, raising their own children; some are going through trials as we did.
I would have loved to have had Becky here for a longer time, but Father had other ideas and He is in charge; so I will be patient and see her later, I know she is fine and I know where she is. That is the blessing of being an eternal family.
There are really no guarantees in life, just hard work, lots of prayer, more prayer; then maybe it turns out the way you would like.
I want my family especially to know how much I love and I miss them all.
Until I write again,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Mom, how i love you so. you are the glue that kept our family together so many times, you are an amazing person and i am soooo lucky to call you Mom. I, too, am so excited to KNOW that i WILL see Becky again. My kids are too! Wierd to not see a ring on your finger, but i know why! lol. also nice to see DAD smile! that was rare as a child. we always heard..."a man can't think when he smiles.....so what did he turn dumb?! lol!!!!!! love you both!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY~~~

    ReplyDelete